Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Vamos a Mudarnos We're going to Move

Photo from freephoto.com
Foto de freephoto.com

John 14:1-3
“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. “In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.[1]

As you know, we’re in the process of purchasing a building for the church in Surco. That means a move for the church and a move for the Vander Kodde family. The other day I was thinking about the best places I have lived. My wife and I have lived in a number of places since marriage and I lived in a number of places as a single guy too. I do have my favorites. Getting back to the present… I think about how the new building will be used for the glory of God and the memories that will be made there. I think about the changes we will make to the building and the changes that God will make in our lives while we’re there. Then I think about how great it will be to get to the new “building” that Jesus is making for us. I already know that one day soon my list of the top places I have lived will change dramatically and in an instant.

2 Timothy 4:18
And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. [2]
Hebrews 11:16
6But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country.[3]

I’m ready to go. How about you?

Juan 14:1-3
No se turbe vuestro corazón; creéis en Dios, creed también en mí. En la casa de mi Padre muchas moradas hay; si así no fuera, yo os lo hubiera dicho; voy, pues, a preparar lugar para vosotros. Y si me fuere y os preparare lugar, vendré otra vez, y os tomaré a mí mismo, para que donde yo estoy, vosotros también estéis.

Como ya saben, estamos en el proceso de comprar un edificio para la iglesia en Surco. Esto significa que la iglesia se muda. La familia Vander Kodde también va a mudarse. Hace unos días yo estaba pensando en los mejores lugares donde he vivido. Mi esposa y yo hemos vivido en varios sitios desde que nos casamos y yo he vivido en varios lugares como soltero también. Tengo mis lugares favoritos. Regresando al presente… Pienso en como el edificio nuevo será usado por la gloria de Dios y las memorias que vamos a hacer allí. Pienso en los cambios que haremos en el edificio y los cambios que Dios hará en nosotros mientras que estemos allí. Luego pienso en lo maravilloso que será estar en el nuevo “edificio” que Jesús está preparando para nosotros. Ya se que muy pronto mi lista de lugares preferidos va a cambiar. Cambiará la lista en una manera espectacular y instantánea.

2 Timoteo 4:18
Y el Señor me librará de toda obra mala, y me preservará para su reino celestial.

Hebreos 11:16
Pero anhelaban una mejor, esto es, celestial;

Ya estoy listo para irme. ¿Y tú?

[1]The Holy Bible, New King James Version, (Nashville, Tennessee: Thomas Nelson, Inc.) 1982.
[2]The Holy Bible, New King James Version, (Nashville, Tennessee: Thomas Nelson, Inc.) 1982.
[3]The Holy Bible, New King James Version, (Nashville, Tennessee: Thomas Nelson, Inc.) 1982.

No comments: