Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Pan del Cielo y Pan del Perú Bread from Heaven and Bread from Peru


Photo from Flick'r

1 Corintios 15:58

Así que, hermanos míos amados, estad firmes y constantes, creciendo en la obra del Señor siempre, sabiendo que vuestro trabajo en el Señor no es en vano.

Esta mañana, yendo al mercado a comprar pan y algunas otras cosas, el Señor me habló con este versículo. No lo había leído en mi devocional; era el Señor quien me estaba recordando su fidelidad. Él sabe que he estado un poco triste al ver que mucha gente que había comenzando bien, de repente ha dejado de correr la carrera… Necesito ser constante. La idea en griego es “tomar asiento”. Mandar un mensaje a Satanás y a otros que indique que no voy a ir a ningún lado. Tengo que ser inamovible. Eso quiere decir: tener determinación. Llegar a forzar la voluntad a veces y ser persistente. ¿Cuál debe ser la motivación? Saber que mi labor en el Señor producirá una cosecha. En Gálatas 6:9 dice: “No nos cansemos, pues, de hacer bien; porque a su tiempo segaremos, si no desmayamos”. Cuando hablo de tomar asiento obviamente no me refiero a sentarme para no hacer nada, sino para poder trabajar en el escritorio, en la oficina, etc. En este caso, sentarse implica una acción. En la Biblia en inglés dice: “abundando en la obra”; en la versión en castellano: “creciendo en la obra”. Me gustan las dos traducciones. Hay mucho que hacer. Mientras trabajamos vamos creciendo. De ese modo no nos quedaremos atrás.




1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

I really felt the Lord speak this verse to my heart this morning as I was going to the market to buy bread and a few other things. I didn’t read this verse in my devotional. It was just the Lord reminding me of His faithfulness. He knows I’ve been saddened to see so many people that start off well in their labor in the Lord. Later they just seem to drop out of the race. I need to be steadfast. The idea in the Greek is to sit down. Send a message to Satan and the others that you’re not going anywhere. You’re going to stay right where you are. I’ve got to be immovable. That speaks of being determined, to exert force of will at times, to be persistent. What is my motivation? I know that my labor in the Lord will reap a harvest. Galatians 6:9 says, “And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.” So we see that when I talk about sitting down, I’m not talking about doing nothing. I’m talking about sitting down so that I can get to work at my desk, in the office, so to speak. It’s a sitting down that implies action. In the Bible in English it says, “abounding in the work”. In the Bible in Spanish it says, “growing in the work.” I like both. There is plenty to do. As we work we will be growing instead of falling back and behind.


No comments: