Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Seal El Sello

Ephesians 1:13-14
In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
[1]

We had hoped to sign the contract to purchase the new building here in Surco this Friday. Now they’re telling me that it will be next week .I have a visa here in Peru called a carnet. The bank doesn’t understand the immigration process. There is no convincing them that I’m here legally. They think that my carnet (visa) has expired even though it’s still valid until April of 2007. The reason for this is that the carnet says that it’s valid until 2004 but on the back they put a seal for each additional year. I have three seals. That means that my carnet is valid until 2007. The seal guarantees my right to be here in Peru, do business, etc. The lawyer will be going to immigration tomorrow to solicit a letter asking the government to state that I am really here legally. Keep praying while we are in this process. I really need prayer because sometimes I lose my patience with the red tape. I guess God isn’t finished working on me yet. Thank God that in Christ we have the seal of the Holy Spirit. God the Father will never be confused by the seal that we have on us. He’s the one that put it there.

Efesios 1:13-14
En él también vosotros, habiendo oído la palabra de verdad, el evangelio de vuestra salvación, y habiendo creído en él, fuisteis sellados con el Espíritu Santo de la promesa, que es las arras de nuestra herencia hasta la redención de la posesión adquirida, para alabanza de su gloria.

Esperamos firmar el contrato de compra venta del edificio nuevo aquí en Surco este viernes. Ahora me dicen que será la semana que viene. Tengo una visa aquí en El Perú que se llama el carnet. El banco no entiende el proceso que hacen los de inmigraciones. No hay forma de convencerles del banco que estoy aquí legalmente. Piensan que mi carnet está vencido pero tiene validez hasta Abril de 2007. La razón por lo cual es que mi carnet dice que es válido hasta 2004 en la parte delantera. En la parte atrás hay 3 sellos, Cada sello me da un año adicional. Entonces estoy bien hasta 2007. El sello garantiza mi derecho de estar aquí en el Perú realizando negocios, etc. El abogado irá a inmigraciones mañana para solicitar una carta explicando que estoy aquí legalmente. Que sigan orando por el proceso. Yo también necesito oración porque a veces pierdo los papeles con todo el papeleo. Parece que Dios no ha terminado trabajando en mí todavía. Gracias a Dios que en Cristo tenemos el sello del Espíritu Santo. Dios el Padre nunca estará confundido acerca del sello que tenemos en nosotros. El es él que lo puso.
[1]The Holy Bible, New King James Version, (Nashville, Tennessee: Thomas Nelson, Inc.) 1982.

No comments: