Monday, March 06, 2006

Me Conocen They Know Me

Acts 17:11
These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.[1]

Acts 4:13
Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus.[2]

There we were stopped in traffic on Benavides Avenue. I was in the back seat of a taxi when I noticed the security guard looking at me from inside the gate of a building. We smiled and pointed at me. He knew who I was. I was sure he was going to ask for my autograph at any moment. It has happened to me a lot over the last few years. Years ago it was the girl on the bus that slipped me her card and phone number with a short note telling me how much she loved me. A few months ago it was the combi driver (a combi is a small van used for public transportation) that kept turning around to look at me. I was sure we were going to get in an accident. It has happened so many times that I can’t even remember them all. It’s not because of our great nation wide ministry that people stare. It’s because they think I’m someone else. People are sure that I’m either Steve Austin the wrestler or Carlos Bruce the Peruvian politician. For the people that know me it’s so easy to see that I’m neither one. I’m Brian. I may weigh the same as Steve Austin but my weight is in different places. It’s hard to believe that anyone would confuse me for Steve Austin but the people do!
How many people make the same mistake about Jesus Christ? They know just enough about Him to make the popular mistake. They think that Jesus is someone that He’s really not. I encourage you to really study the Bible and check out the real Jesus. He’s pretty awesome. If you mistake me for someone else, it’s no big deal but if you mess it up when it comes to Jesus Christ you have a lot to lose. If you really get to know the Jesus of the Bible you won’t be fooled by those that just sort of look like Him.

Hechos 17:11
Y éstos eran más nobles que los que estaban en Tesalónica, pues recibieron la palabra con toda solicitud, escudriñando cada día las Escrituras para ver si estas cosas eran así.

Hechos 4:13
Entonces viendo el denuedo de Pedro y de Juan, y sabiendo que eran hombres sin letras y del vulgo, se maravillaban; y les reconocían que habían estado con Jesús.

Allí estábamos, parados en el tráfico en la avenida Benavides. Yo estaba sentado atrás en el taxi cuando vi el hombre trabajando como guardia de seguridad en la puerta de un edificio. Me miraba con una sonrisa y estaba señalando hacia mí. El sabía quien era yo. Yo estaba seguro que me iba a pedir mi autógrafo en cualquier momento. Me ha pasado un montón de veces en los últimos años. Hace años una niña me dio su tarjeta con su teléfono. Me escribió una notita diciendo que me amaba. Hace unos meses atrás el chofer de la combi (una camioneta usada por transporte público) en que yo estaba volteaba a cada rato. Estaba recontra interesado en mí. Yo estaba seguro que íbamos a chocar. Me ha pasado tantas veces que ya no me acuerdo. La gente no me mira porque tengo un gran ministerio nacional. Es porque la gente piensa que yo soy otra persona. La gente está segura que yo soy Steve Austin de la lucha libre o Carlos Bruce el político peruano. Para la gente que me conoce es fácil ver que no soy ni Steve Austin ni Carlos Bruce. Soy Brian. Tal vez peso igual que Steve Austin pero el peso mío está en otra parte de mi cuerpo. Me es difícil creer que la gente haya pensado que soy Carlos Bruce pero así es.
¿Cuántas personas se equivocan en la misma manera en cuanto a Jesucristo? Tienen el conocimiento suficiente para cometer el error popular. Piensan que Jesús es alguien que realmente no es. Quiero animarte a estudiar la Biblia para poder encontrar al Jesús verdadero. El Jesús de la Biblia es impresionante. Si me confundes por otra persona no es una gran cosa. Equivocarse en cuanto a Jesucristo es un error que te hace perder mucho. Si llegas a conocer a Jesús atravez de la Biblia no te podrán engañar con alguien que simplemente “se parece” a él no más.
[1]The Holy Bible, New King James Version, (Nashville, Tennessee: Thomas Nelson, Inc.) 1982.
[2]The Holy Bible, New King James Version, (Nashville, Tennessee: Thomas Nelson, Inc.) 1982.

No comments: