Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Psalm 55 Salmo 55

Last week I wrote a short e-mail to a pastor that is a friend of mine. I haven’t seen him since June when we were at a pastor’s conference together. I wanted to know how he was doing. He wrote back saying that he was struggling with God because the church in the U.S is such a mess. I could really relate to what he said. The only difference is that I’m in Peru. The last few days my heart has been grieved as I have thought and prayed about what is going on in our world and in our churches. So many “Christians” are deciding to be so “relevant” that they have forgotten about the word of God and its application to our every day life. So many churches have decided to mix worldly philosophies in with their Christianity. Reading Psalm 55 this morning I really relate to what David said. I applied it to those within the church that are deceiving the people and being deceived themselves. Thank God that we can call on His name and that He continues to be our God.

Psalm 55:1-23
1 Give ear to my prayer, O God,
And do not hide Yourself from my supplication.
2 Attend to me, and hear me;
I am restless in my complaint, and moan noisily,
3 Because of the voice of the enemy,
Because of the oppression of the wicked;
For they bring down trouble upon me,
And in wrath they hate me.
4 My heart is severely pained within me,
And the terrors of death have fallen upon me.
5 Fearfulness and trembling have come upon me,
And horror has overwhelmed me.
6 So I said, “Oh, that I had wings like a dove!
I would fly away and be at rest.
7 Indeed, I would wander far off,
And remain in the wilderness. Selah
8 I would hasten my escape
From the windy storm and tempest.”
9 Destroy, O Lord, and divide their tongues,
For I have seen violence and strife in the city.
10 Day and night they go around it on its walls;
Iniquity and trouble are also in the midst of it.
11 Destruction is in its midst;
Oppression and deceit do not depart from its streets.
12 For it is not an enemy who reproaches me;
Then I could bear it.
Nor is it one who hates me who has exalted himself against me;
Then I could hide from him.
13 But it was you, a man my equal,
My companion and my acquaintance.
14 We took sweet counsel together,
And walked to the house of God in the throng.
15 Let death seize them;
Let them go down alive into hell,
For wickedness is in their dwellings and among them.
16 As for me, I will call upon God,
And the Lord shall save me.
17 Evening and morning and at noon
I will pray, and cry aloud,
And He shall hear my voice.
18 He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me,
For there were many against me.
19 God will hear, and afflict them,
Even He who abides from of old. Selah
Because they do not change,
Therefore they do not fear God.
20 He has put forth his hands against those who were at peace with him;
He has broken his covenant.
21 The words of his mouth were smoother than butter,
But war was in his heart;
His words were softer than oil,
Yet they were drawn swords.
22 Cast your burden on the Lord,
And He shall sustain you;
He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.
23 But You, O God, shall bring them down to the pit of destruction;
Bloodthirsty and deceitful men shall not live out half their days;
But I will trust in You.
[1]

La semana pasada escribí un breve e-mail a un amigo que es pastor. No lo he visto desde que estábamos juntos en una conferencia de pastores in junio. Yo quería saber como estaba. Me escribió diciendo que estaba luchando con Dios porque la iglesia en los Estados Unidos está mal. Lo que me dijo realmente me tocó. La única diferencia entre él y yo es que yo estoy en El Perú. Los últimos días he estado muy triste mientras que pensaba en la iglesia en general y oraba por ella. Muchos “cristianos” han decidido hacer la iglesia tan “pertinente” que se han olvidado de la palabra de Dios y su aplicación a la vida cotidiana. Tantas iglesias han decidido mezclar las filosofías del mundo con el cristianismo. Leyendo Salmo 55 esta mañana realmente pude relacionar lo que dijo David a la situación de la iglesia hoy en día. La aplicación para mí acerca de este Salmo esta mañana tenía que ver con aquellos dentro de la iglesia que están engañando a la gente y que han sido engañados ellos mismos. Gracias a Dios podemos clamar a Su nombre todavía y que sigue siendo nuestro Dios.

Salmo 55
1 Escucha, oh Dios, mi oración, Y no te escondas de mi súplica.
2 Está atento, y respóndeme; Clamo en mi oración, y me conmuevo,
3 A causa de la voz del enemigo, Por la opresión del impío; Porque sobre mí echaron iniquidad, Y con furor me persiguen.
4 Mi corazón está dolorido dentro de mí, Y terrores de muerte sobre mí han caído.
5 Temor y temblor vinieron sobre mí, Y terror me ha cubierto.
6 Y dije: !!Quién me diese alas como de paloma! Volaría yo, y descansaría.
7 Ciertamente huiría lejos; Moraría en el desierto. Selah
8 Me apresuraría a escapar Del viento borrascoso, de la tempestad.
9 Destrúyelos, oh Señor; confunde la lengua de ellos; Porque he visto violencia y rencilla en la ciudad.
10 Día y noche la rodean sobre sus muros, E iniquidad y trabajo hay en medio de ella.
11 Maldad hay en medio de ella, Y el fraude y el engaño no se apartan de sus plazas.
12 Porque no me afrentó un enemigo, Lo cual habría soportado; Ni se alzó contra mí el que me aborrecía, Porque me hubiera ocultado de él;
13 Sino tú, hombre, al parecer íntimo mío, Mi guía, y mi familiar;
14 Que juntos comunicábamos dulcemente los secretos, Y andábamos en amistad en la casa de Dios.
15 Que la muerte les sorprenda; Desciendan vivos al Seol, Porque hay maldades en sus moradas, en medio de ellos.
16 En cuanto a mí, a Dios clamaré; Y Jehová me salvará.
17 Tarde y mañana y a mediodía oraré y clamaré, Y él oirá mi voz.
18 El redimirá en paz mi alma de la guerra contra mí, Aunque contra mí haya muchos.
19 Dios oirá, y los quebrantará luego, El que permanece desde la antigüedad; Por cuanto no cambian, Ni temen a Dios. Selah
20 Extendió el inicuo sus manos contra los que estaban en paz con él; Violó su pacto.
21 Los dichos de su boca son más blandos que mantequilla, Pero guerra hay en su corazón; Suaviza sus palabras más que el aceite, Mas ellas son espadas desnudas.
22 Echa sobre Jehová tu carga, y él te sustentará; No dejará para siempre caído al justo.
23 Mas tú, oh Dios, harás descender aquéllos al pozo de perdición. Los hombres sanguinarios y engañadores no llegarán a la mitad de sus días; Pero yo en ti confiaré.

[1]The Holy Bible, New King James Version, (Nashville, Tennessee: Thomas Nelson, Inc.) 1982.

No comments: